Our client is a public sector organisation based in Bath who have a requirement for a Management Accountant to provide financial support to the team on a temporary basis (3 to 6 months), potentially longer.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Communicating and providing complex information to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Supporting the Senior Finance Manager in the reporting of financial performance against contracts
- Identifying cost pressures and financial risks, forecasting spend and working with managers to take appropriate action to mitigate risks
- Holding regular meetings with budget holders to discuss financial performance, identifying areas of concern, providing challenge and advice, ensuring strong financial management and control
- Monthly financial monitoring of contracts including month end reporting, the production of working papers, variance analysis, forecasting and journal input into the general ledger
- Undertaking financial analysis and investigation to support understanding of the financial position relating to the individual contracts and budgets
- Designing creating and manipulating spreadsheets for monitoring and analyzing a range of complex financial information
- Contribute to annual planning and budget setting by modelling and calculating financial requirements
You must have relevant experience of working in a similar role, ideally within the public sector (Local Government, Education, NHS, Charity) and have a good working knowledge of Excel and Oracle.
In addition you must be AAT qualified or part/fully qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACAApply for this Job