We are currently in the process of recruiting for a Procurement Manager on behalf of a public sector organisation based in Plymouth.
You will be responsible for managing the delivery and development of a customer focused, cost effective and efficient Procurement Service, influencing the strategic direction of the Finance and Sustainability Directorate and the wider agenda of the organisation.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Develop processes, procedures, and policies to support strategic business needs and maintain legal compliance
- Research, interpret and analyse complex data, report on findings and advise on appropriate actions
- Engage in research, projects, studies contributing to the strategic development of the Procurement service
- Lead and manage a portfolio of procurement activity funded from both Capital and Revenue, including business case development and managing tenders through to award and contract implementation
- Develop and implement category plans to deliver strategic vision in order to maximise opportunities from the organisations expenditure and contracts
Suitable candidates must be able to demonstrate, or have experience of the following:
- Purchasing, procurement and supply procedures and processes, including sourcing, tendering and evaluation techniques
- Managing a multi million pound/complex tender activity
- Negotiating on Goods, Services or Works contracts
- Strong IT skills including Word, Excel and Powerpoint